[Rd] transform argument on 2.3 rc 2006-04-20

Kurt Hornik Kurt.Hornik at wu-wien.ac.at
Mon Apr 24 10:59:04 CEST 2006

> Hi,

> I'm adjusting package FLCore to the new R version and I got an error
> due to the change of the transform function argument "x" to
> "_data". Was this intentional ?

You mean that you get the error? :-)

See NEWS:

    o   The data frame argument to transform() is no longer called 'x',
        but '_data'.  Since this is an invalid name, it is less likely
        to clash with names given to transformed variables. (People
        were getting into trouble with transform(data, x=y+z).)

See the code in base for how to use _data in code and docs.

-k