[Rd] R CMD check: non source files in src on (2.3.0 RC (2006-04-19 r37860))

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Thu Apr 20 20:21:51 CEST 2006

I disagree, things like README files and other objects are important and
should be included. I don't see the real advantage to such warnings, if
someone wants them they could be turned on optionally.

If size is an issue then authors should be warned that their package is
large (in the top 1% at CRAN would be useful to some). I also find it
helpful to know whose packages take forever to build, which we don't do.

Just because someone put something in TFM doesn't mean it is either a
good idea or sensible, in my experience.

best wishes
   Robert

--
Robert Gentleman, PhD