[Rd] predict.smooth.spline.fit and Recall() (Was: Re: Return function from function and Recall())

Henrik Bengtsson hb at maths.lth.se
Wed Apr 5 11:25:25 CEST 2006

Hi,

forget about the below details.  It is not related to the fact that
the function is returned from a function.  Sorry about that.  I've
been troubleshooting soo much I've been shoting over the target.  Here
is a much smaller reproducible example:

x <- 1:10
y <- 1:10 + rnorm(length(x))
sp <- smooth.spline(x=x, y=y)
ypred <- predict(sp$fit, x)
# [1]  2.325181  2.756166  ...
ypred2 <- predict(sp$fit, c(0,x))
# Error in Recall(object, xrange) : couldn't find
# function "predict.smooth.spline.fit"

/Henrik

--
Henrik Bengtsson