[Rd] Integration of C and Fortran

Sebastien Durand sebastiendurand at videotron.ca
Mon Apr 3 19:56:46 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I am running R : Copyright 2005,
Version 2.2.1  (2005-12-20 r36812)
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
On a mac 10.4.5

I am having trouble with my package.

The trouble is the following:

In my package I have integrated three files in my src folder.
1- simplematch.C a .C file
2- ordering.f a fortran file
3- Makevars :  PKG_LIBS =  $(LAPACK_LIBS) $(BLAS_LIBS) $(FLIBS)
I am not sure if that last file is really useful!?

When I use the R CMD SHLIB command on both these
source code files, the resulting compiled  .so
files when loads fine with the dyn.load function.
At last when I use either the
.C("simplematch",...) and
.Fortran("ordering",...) command everything
works...

Now here comes trouble:

When I do the R CMD INSTALL command, my package install.
The .C command works but when I run the .Fortran command I get:

Error in .Fortran("orderdata", d = as.double(d),
as.integer(n), rowscore = as.double(rowscore)) :
	the enter point Fortran "orderdata_" absent of the loading table.

What should I do to make sure that upon the installation of my package my
Fortran function will appear in the load table...

Thanks a lot.

Sébastien Durand