[Rd] Option "installWithVers" seems to impact new.packages() badly?

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 10:51:04 CEST 2005

In Rdevel, SVN version built this morning around 10am central european
time, it looks like

   install.packages(new.packages(),installWithVers=TRUE)

seem to ignore the version information -- that is, it reinstalls
current versions of packages.

This did not happen before I used "installWithVers=TRUE" option, that is
I could use

   update.packages()
 and
   install.packages(new.packages())

to keep a current, platform-complete, installed base of CRAN.

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).