[Rd] plot, spineplot, boxplot in R 2.2.0

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Sat Sep 24 19:21:03 CEST 2005

Dear Gabor,

This behaviour makes sense to me, since in the first case the response is
quantitative and the explanatory variable a factor (hence, parallel
boxplots), while in the second it's vice-versa (hence parallel stacked
bars). That is, the primary distinction, I think, isn't the orientation of
the axes but the nature of the variables.

Regards,
 John

John Fox
Department of Sociology