[Rd] undocumented objects in a package

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Fri Sep 23 16:10:01 CEST 2005

Dear R-devel,

I recall that there used to be a mechanism to get around the requirement
that all objects in a package have associated documentation; i.e., a way to
specify a list of objects (mostly functions) that are not considered as part
of the package API.  Is this still available?  I cannot find any mention in
R-exts.

I realize that the way to go is to have a name space, and eventually that's
what I will do, but for now I rather spend the time doing other necessary
clean-ups first.

Any pointer much appreciated!

Best,
Andy

Andy Liaw, PhD
Biometrics Research      PO Box 2000, RY33-300
Merck Research Labs           Rahway, NJ 07065
mailto:andy_liaw at merck.com        732-594-0820