[Rd] MikTeX will be assumed in R 2.2.0 in Windows

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Sep 16 15:17:18 CEST 2005

We've made some further changes that enable the scripts to figure out if
MiKTeX or some more standard latex is being used, so hopefully it should
work for everyone out-of-the-box.

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> I've just committed some changes to allow R to be built and to use
> MikTeX without needing the Rd.sty files to be installed to localtexmf.
> Unfortunately, the changes are not compatible with other TeX packages,
> so if you're not using MikTeX you'll need to edit a couple of the config
> files (or set an environment variable).
>
> I'd appreciate hearing of any problems during the alpha or beta test period.

Again, please let us know of any problems.  I have tested both MiKTeX and
fptex, but on a machine that had both installed.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk