[Rd] simulate in stats

Paul Gilbert pgilbert at bank-banque-canada.ca
Wed Sep 14 21:45:25 CEST 2005

Can the arguments nsim and seed be passed as part of ... in the new
simulate generic in R-2.2.0alpha package stats?

This would potentially allow me to use the stats generic rather than the
one I define in dse. There are contexts where nsim and seed do not make
sense. I realize that the default arguments could be ignored, but it
does not really make sense to introduce a new generic with that in mind.
(I would also prefer that the "object" argument was called "model" but
this is less important.)

Paul Gilbert