[Rd] NUMERIC_POINTER question

Huntsinger, Reid reid_huntsinger at merck.com
Tue Sep 13 20:43:33 CEST 2005

You have to coerce to numeric yourself if that's what you want. Eg in the R
code, as.numeric(1:12) rather than 1:12. Or check the type first in C with
TYPEOF before doing NUMERIC_POINTER or INTEGER_POINTER (the difference is
that the two do different casts; they both point a fixed offset into the R
data structure and I'm not sure if there's a guarantee that this offset
needs to be the same, so perhaps the two don't even point to the same
location...).

Reid Huntsinger