[Rd] [R] Debugging R/Fortran in Windows

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.EDU.AU
Sat Sep 10 08:11:25 CEST 2005

Thanks very much to Uwe, Duncan and Seth (who replied off the list).

Uwe - That section of the R for Windows FAQ was very useful - thanks!
Sorry I posted a question involving C/Fortran to R-Help.

Duncan - Thanks for all the useful info.  I've bookmarked the pages you
sent me.

Seth - Thanks for suggesting valgrind.  I tried it out, and it correctly
told me that memory leakage was not the problem (although I didn't believe
it at first).

It turned out that the reason my variables were being overwritten was not
because of memory leakage, but because of my own stupidity - using the
same variable name for a function I was estimating and for my current
estimate of that function.  Sorry I didn't spend more time checking this
myself!

Thanks again for your help,
James