[Rd] generic function S3 consistency warning advice

Henrik Bengtsson hb at maths.lth.se
Thu Sep 1 16:31:58 CEST 2005

This happens because you get a primitive function. However, I believe
Re() is already an generic function ("too") internally, so you do not
have to create your own and redefine the default one.  (I'm not sure if
there is another way to tell if a primitive function is also a generic
function than to look at the C source code or by trial-and-error).

Try:

% R --vanilla
5
 > Re(x)