[Rd] model.response() as a generic function?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Oct 29 08:17:57 CEST 2005

There is a considerable difference: model.response is documented to work
on a model frame.  Why does model.response(model.frame(object))) not work
in the generality you need?

Please give us some examples of why you are trying to do, and how you
would envisage a generic model.response being documented.  (It is
currently documented as equivalent to model.extract(,"response").)

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk