[Rd] X11 resources

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 27 12:30:04 CEST 2005

As requested a while back, x11() and dataentry() in R-devel now respond to
a few X11 resources, notably geometry, and x11() has xpos and ypos
arguments for positioning (as windows() has long had).

I've tested these on three separate X11 window managers, but the code
does depend on WM hints so would people who are interested please try them
on their own systems.  (On Solaris/CDE the dataentry widget picks up
system foreground and background colours, for example.)

Also, I have assumed Xt is available without specific testing.  Now as it
has been part of X11 for a very long time one would think it is implied by
the tests that are done,  but please let me know if this causes a problem.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk