[Rd] native logistic regression

James Bullard bullard at berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 25 16:31:02 CEST 2005

Hello, thanks for the answers to my last questions and apologies for not
seeing the answers staring me down in the manual. At the risk of asking
another potentially obvious question ... we are currently using some of
the NAG routines for model fitting and I am trying to re-write the
relevant portions of the code to use R's built in utilities (dqrls).
The next step is to implement logistic regression (iteratively
reweighted least-squares logistic link fn). glm does the iteration in R
and it is just not acceptable to call R's routine from C - my first
inclination was just to rewrite the loop of R in C, but I thought I
would ask first to see: 1) if there was a standard C or Fortran routine
in R for doing iteratively reweighted least squares using the logistic
link function, and 2) if there is no routine in the core libraries of R,
do people have knowledge of R packages which have implemented this
natively?

Thanks again for all of the help, jim