[Rd] download problem: Windows binaries - patched/devel versions

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Oct 25 01:04:19 CEST 2005

P Ehlers wrote:
> Lately, I get a "page cannot be found" error (IE 6.0, Windows XP)
> when I try to download the following:
>
> http://cran.us.r-project.org/R-2.2.0pat-win32.exe
> http://cran.us.r-project.org/R-2.3.0dev-win32.exe
>
> (Same for all other mirrors (about 6) that I've tried.
> Could someone please check if these files are accessible to them?
> I'm guessing there's something haywire in my setup.
>
> Note that I can ftp the files without problem.

The files are where they have always been (in
<mirror>/bin/windows/base), but the mirroring software has started
playing around with the URLs, adding in lots of ".."'s to the path.  If
you manually edit the path you'll find them.  We're working on fixing
the mirroring.

To be explicit:  get them from

http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/R-2.2.0pat-win32.exe
http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/R-2.3.0dev-win32.exe