[Rd] 64 bit R for Windows

Milton Lopez mlopez at iattc.org
Wed Oct 19 00:37:23 CEST 2005

One (delayed) follow-up question on this:

We are buying Dell workstations with 64-bit single-core Xeon processors,
and we could add a second processor for not much more. Is it possible to
make a generalized statement as to what kind of performance improvement
we would see with a single vs. dual processors when running R on these
systems?

Thanks again.

M.