[Rd] on ptr_R_WriteErrConsole

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Oct 18 14:51:49 CEST 2005

> I'll volunteer to do your testing on Windows, provided nobody suggests a
> way to do what you want without your patches.  That is, if there's a way
> for a custom front-end to separate the streams of text coming to
> ptr_R_WriteConsole through REvprintf from that coming through Rvprintf,
> then your changes are not needed.  If there is currently no way to do
> that, then I think there should be.

That would be great. Thank you. I have created a new version of the diff
(still against R 2.2.0). This only contains the R_WriteErrConsole part, and
the other part is stripped. Also, I have elaborated the windows version of
the handling. I hope I have not overlooked anything:

http://rkward.sourceforge.net/temp/r_writeerrconsole.diff

If in addition you would like me to create a test case, that would be slightly
more difficult for me to do, but I'd be happy to give it a try. Just send me
a mail in this case. Probably, however, I would not be able to do this before
tomorrow.

Regards
Thomas Friedrichsmeier