[Rd] [R-gui] R GUI considerations (was: R, Wine, and multi-threadedness)

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Mon Oct 17 13:06:53 CEST 2005

Dear Marc et al.,

As the author of an R GUI, I've been following this thread with
interest.

I think that both a session at the UseR! conference and a more informal
meeting to provide an opportunity for discussion are a great idea. It's
hard to make much progress on this kind of issue via email discussion
because there doesn't seem to be general agreement on what is
problematic. For example, some of this thread has focused on the
provision of a tools for R GUI construction, while some has focused on
the relative merits of different GUI toolkits and how to make them
available in R.

Regards,
 John