[Rd] expm1, R-2.2.0 and Windows

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 14 09:35:34 CEST 2005

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, [UTF-8] Göran Broström wrote:

> A user of 'eha' told me that it failed to load in R-2.2.0 on Windows,and
> ideed, I checked and it fails with the error message "Theprocedure entry
> point expm1 could not be located in the dynamic linklibary R.dll". I'm
> using expm1 (from the C math library on Linux, Iwould guess) in a couple
> of C functions.

> This didn't happen with R-2.1.1 (and it doesn't happen with R-2.2.0
> ondebian), so I need advise about what to do. File a bug report?

Please do re-read the rw-FAQ Q4.1 for advice!

The eha binary on CRAN was built on Sept 12, before the release of 2.2.0
(and before the beta period).  It needs to be built under 2.2.0, when it
will work.  (Uwe, could you please trigger rebuilds as some things were
changed in the alpha period, including the version of the mingw-runtime
that is required.)

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk