[Rd] Installing R-2.2.0 package

Dean, David P david.p.dean at pfizer.com
Thu Oct 13 18:02:49 CEST 2005

I'm on Solaris 8 as well. R is compiled for 64-bits, but I wouldn't expect
that to be a factor. R was built and is run in an environment created with
OpenPKG and containing GNU equivalents to many utilities -- so it's not a
stock Solaris setup.

I'm not familiar with R internals but will be happy to try to debug if I
can. Does the installer call out to the shell somehow? Where would I start
to look for the relevant code?

Thanks!
David Dean