[Rd] Building packages on Windows fails

Peter Kleiweg pkleiweg at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 7 15:09:35 CEST 2005

Duncan Murdoch schreef op de 6e dag van de wijnmaand van het jaar 2005:

> On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Peter Kleiweg wrote:
>

> > What has changed in R for Windows from version 1.7.1 to
> > 2.2.0 that won't allow me to build binary packages?
>
> Many things have changed; I don't know which is causing the failure you see.
> One change is that instructions are now collected in the Installation and
> Administration manual. Try following the setup instructions there and see if
> it still fails.

I can't find anything on building packages for Windows in that
manual.

I did find a solution to the problem. On a Linux install, each
package has a file CONTENTS. These are missing from the Windows
install. I copied those files from my Linux install to my
Windows install, and then I could build my own package. So I
guess, these CONTENTS files should be included in the Windows
install.

I got another error message when I remove a package, but I
couldn't see what effect this error has. When I run:

    d:\>Rcmd REMOVE iL04

The package gets removed, but I get:

    make: *** No rule to make target `indices'.  Stop.

--
Peter Kleiweg
http://www.let.rug.nl/~kleiweg/