[Rd] arima: segmentation fault

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 6 11:48:06 CEST 2005

A seasonal ARIMA model with period 168 is normally unrealistic: how long
is the series?  This model has several hundred parameters.

I suggest you try arima0, as that is likely to use less memory, but either
is going to be inefficient as you are essentially fitting 168 separate
ARMA(1, 2) models for (I guess) each hour of the week.

(The basic information we ask for in the posting guide such as the version
of R and your platform is missing here.)

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk