[Rd] more problems when using "installWithVers"

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 13:50:53 CEST 2005

R-devel, SVN revision 35729 (this morning, euro-time)

So far, I'm having awful luck with the "installWithVers" flags.

Recent example:

I can install.packages("lattice", installWithVers=TRUE)
successfully (no errors, at least it looks like a successful install),
but can't load it:

Error in library.dynam(pkg,pkg,lib) : shared library 'lattice_0.12-7' not found
Error: .onLoad failed in 'loadNamesspace' for 'lattice_0.12-7'
Error: package/namespace load filed for 'lattice'

It's there.  (note: no problems on a different installation, avoiding
the "installWithVers" flags for package installation).

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).