[Rd] Building a windows binary of a package on Linux

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 30 17:09:11 CET 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Gavin Simpson wrote:

> Can I build a binary package (.zip) for Windows on my Linux machine from
> my package sources? There is no C, C++, Fortran code involved, just
> plain ol' R.

A high proportion of the time you can just zip up the installed package on
Linux.  We don't understand why some people have reported failures, but as
this is not supported (and so is not tested regularly) we removed it from
the documentation a while back.  But both Marc Schwartz and I succeeded
a month or two ago.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk