[Rd] Building a windows binary of a package on Linux

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Nov 30 16:46:57 CET 2005

On 11/30/2005 9:33 AM, Gavin Simpson wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> Can I build a binary package (.zip) for Windows on my Linux machine from
> my package sources? There is no C, C++, Fortran code involved, just
> plain ol' R. I read through the article by Jun and Rossini, but (on
> first reading) this seems more targeted at building a Windows version of
> R and Windows package binaries that contain C, C++, Fortran code that
> needs to be compiled.

You should be able to.  Instructions are in the README.packages file in
R_HOME/src/gnuwin32.  I don't know if you've got that file if you
installed a pre-built R, but it's in the source tarball (and in
https://svn.r-project.org/R.  Choose a tag subdirectory for a release
version, or the trunk for the latest and greatest.  You'll probably get
the same instructions on all recent ones, they don't change much.

Duncan Murdoch