[Rd] R: bug in windows GUI/script editor (PR#8288)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Nov 10 14:58:11 CET 2005

On 11/10/2005 3:02 AM, roberto.ugoccioni at sanpaoloimi.com wrote:
> SGkgRHVuY2FuLA0KSSBhbSBydW5uaW5nIFIgaW4gTURJIG1vZGUgKHdpdGggbG9jYWxpc2F0

Roberto:

Something went wrong with your posting -- it came out completely in
binary.

I think I have found what was wrong with the editor windows.  There were
two problems:

  - a variable was sometimes uninitialized.  I've fixed this in R-devel
(though it won't be downloadable for a while).  I had hoped this was
enough, but it wasn't.

  - the script editor window duplicates some menu items from the main
window, but unfortunately in doing so it overwrites some pointers to
those items.  When the script editor is closed, the pointers become
invalid, and you may crash.

The second fix will require more extensive work, but I should get it
done today.

Duncan Murdoch