[Rd] bug in windows GUI/script editor (PR#8288)

murdoch@stats.uwo.ca murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Nov 8 19:00:40 CET 2005

On 11/8/2005 11:51 AM, roberto.ugoccioni at sanpaoloimi.com wrote:
> Full_Name: Roberto Ugoccioni
> Version: 2.2.0
> OS: Windows 2000
> Submission from: (NULL) (193.203.232.5)
>

> Running Windows 2000 Professional, all patches up to nov 8, 2005.
>

>>version
>
>          _
> platform i386-pc-mingw32
> arch     i386
> os       mingw32
> system   i386, mingw32
> status
> major    2
> minor    2.0
> year     2005
> month    10
> day      06
> svn rev  35749
> language R
>
> How to reproduce the bug:
>
> 1. launch Rgui.exe
> 2. menu File->open script
> 3. close editor clicking on X
> 4. clicking menu File now generates the fatal error (omitting memory
> addresses):
>
>  An instruction referred to a memory location which could not be "read"
>
> Clicking on OK in the error message window causes R to consume 100% CPU and not
> to respond - must be terminated from task manager.

I don't see this, but it sounds like something that was fixed before the
release of 2.2.0, so maybe there's another way to generate the same problem.

Could you give more detail:

  - are you running in the default MDI mode (one big window containing
the console, editor, etc.) or SDI mode (separate windows)?

  - does it matter what was in the file you opened?

Duncan Murdoch