[Rd] Brainstorm: Alpha and Beta testing of R versions

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 00:10:40 CET 2005

> actually, it might not be a bad idea to require a unique
> bug-entry interface -- actually we have been thinking of moving
> to bugzilla -- if only Peter Dalgaard could find a smart enough
> person (even to be paid) who'd port all the old bug reports into the
> new format..

If you haven't already it might worthwhile looking in to fogbugz and trac.

Fogbugz (http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBugz/) is a commercial bug
tracking software package.  It is very professional and has been
designed to make tracking and submitting bugs as easy as possible
(sometimes you do get what you pay for).

Trac (http://www.edgewall.com/trac/) is more of an integrated software
development environment (open source) offering svn repository
browsing, a wiki and bug tracking.  It makes it very easy to link
between bug reports and the commits that fix them (although I know
fogbugz does this too, and I'm sure bugzilla does as well).

Hadley