[Rd] S4 classes in existing packages

Pfaff, Bernhard Dr. Bernhard_Pfaff at fra.invesco.com
Tue Nov 1 09:33:10 CET 2005

> Jeff Enos schrieb:
>
>> R-devel,
>>
>> I'm interested in looking at some examples of existing R packages that
>> rely heavily on S4 classes to get a feel for varying styles and
>> package organization techniques.  Could you recommend any packages
>> that might serve as a good starting point?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Jeff
>>

> our packages distr, distrEx, distrSim, distrTEst and RandVar are based
> on S4 classes and methods.

As do many others, providing the variety of styles that the questioner
asked for.  Those that are documented to do so include

CoCo DBI IDPmisc Matrix RMySQL ROracle RSQLite RUnit SparseM aod arules
boolean coin colorspace copula deal dynamicGraph fBasics(etc) flexclust
flexmix giRaph gpclib its kappalab kernalb limma lme4 matlab monoProc
orientlib partsm pixmap tuneR

on CRAM, stats4 in the R sources and most (all?) of BioC.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk

Hello Jeff,

to amend the list: in the package "urca" S4-classes are implemented too.

Best,
Bernhard