[Rd] R OS X

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu May 26 01:42:39 CEST 2005

On May 24, 2005, at 9:11 AM, Volker Runkel wrote:

> with newest R.app (1.11) / R2.1.0a
>
> if a package is installed for the current user, it is not installed
> properly (does not get an installed version entry and is not
> loadable). If installed system wide it works.

As Rob mentioned, you likely didn't select "Add $RHOME/R/Library" in
Startup preferences of R.app.
I just want to add for the record that R versions before 2.1.0a
(including 2.1.0 release in particular) featured a bug that caused ~/
R/library to be always in .libPaths even if R.app or the user
disabled it (in --gui=AQUA mode).

Cheers,
Simon