[Rd] Windows/7706 (PR#7889)

Philippe Grosjean phgrosjean at sciviews.org
Mon May 23 15:48:33 CEST 2005

According to the link you cite
(http://r-bugs.biostat.ku.dk/cgi-bin/R/Windows?id=7706), it seems it is
related to an AMD Athlon processor. Mine is an Intel Pentium IV HT
3.0Ghz processor, which could explain, why I cannot reproduce this bug.
You can compile R yourself with various versions of libpng. Looking at:
http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/, you can read that R 2.1.0 was
(probably?) compiled using libpng-1.2.5.tar.gz, i.e., the latest stable
version. You could try libpng-1.2.6 to see if it solves your problem.
Best,

Philippe Grosjean