[Rd] Memory question on R

Dr L. Y Hin lyhin at netvigator.com
Fri May 20 06:04:31 CEST 2005

Dear all,
Apology for posting this amateurish question.
I am running R version 2.1.0 on Windows XP for a simulation exercise.
Seemingly, I've encountered memory allocation problem during the
recursive procedure.
I've looked at the help section called
?Memory() and ?memory.limit(), and ?memory.size but the comamands
seem to refer to Unix version of R.
I wound be very grateful if anyone could kindly advise me on the method
to set the memory allocation so that R workspace can harness the maximum
resources available on the hardware (RAM and virtual memory), with an understanding
that my machine may not have sufficient resources to run other applications.
In addition, does R version 2.1.0 makes use of the hyperthreading feature that may
speed up the application?

Thanking you in advance
Lin