[Rd] New R (2.1) not openable under emacs files (PR#7882)

menke at u.arizona.edu menke at u.arizona.edu
Thu May 19 23:24:01 CEST 2005

Full_Name: Michael Menke
Version: 2.1
OS: Mac OS X 3.9
Submission from: (NULL) (65.41.49.80)

With the previous versions of R, I could go to any project file in Emacs and
open R within that file with the file images saved. I tried at the end of April
with version 2.1 and then today again with version 2.1a, and opening R within a
file - such as Advantage (one of my files) is impossible. It appears to try to
load R, then says:

Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
	unable to load shared library
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/grDevices/libs/grDevices.so':
  dlcompat: dyld: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/exec/R version
mismatch for library: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.2.dylib (compatibility version of
user: 9.0.0 greater than library's version: 8.0.0)
Fatal error: unable to restore saved data in .RData

Process R exited abnormally with code 2 at Thu May 19 17:22:22 2005

Last time, I went back and re-loaded the old version to get it to run. Any ideas
what settings need redoing? Or is back to the old version for us OS X users?