[Rd] Workspace [Was: MacOS X: update.packages(type="mac.binary")]

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed May 4 14:23:52 CEST 2005

On May 4, 2005, at 2:30 AM, jarioksa at sun3.oulu.fi wrote:

> but the sanguine(*) R in MacOS X refuses to start in GUI mode today
> with uninformative error message ("The application R has
> unexpectedly quit.").

It's an OS X message, nothing R.app can do about it. See the Console
for details - those would be more useful (I would expect a Linux
person to look there first and ignore the message ;)).

> So it seems not be the only problem in the MacOS X build of R at CRAN.

It's likely a problem with your setup, see below.

> Starting from bash prompt in Terminal.app fails as well with error
> ".onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'tcltk'".

Delete your workspace (rm -f ~/.RData) - that should fix it - as the
message tells you there is a problem while the workspace is restored.

Cheers,
Simon

BTW: Using R-SIG-Mac instead of R-devel for the update.package could
be more helpful as this is Mac-only issue.