[Rd] Small suggestion for stripchart help

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Mar 15 17:16:13 CET 2005

Thank you, Kevin.

I've just committed your improvement (to
 ..../src/library/graphics/man/stripchart.Rd).

Martin

    KevinW> I needed to look up information about the 'jitter'
    KevinW> argument of stripchart.  When I opened the help page
    KevinW> for jitter I found:

    KevinW> jitter 	when jittering is used, jitter gives the amount of jittering applied.

    KevinW> which is slightly confusing/self-referential if you
    KevinW> are lazy and don't read the entire page.

    KevinW> It might be clearer to say

    KevinW> jitter when \code{method="jitter"} is used, jitter
    KevinW> gives the amount of jittering applied.

    KevinW> Just my opinion.  Thanks for listening.

    KevinW> Kevin Wright