[Rd] write.csv suggestion

McGehee, Robert Robert.McGehee at geodecapital.com
Wed Jun 29 21:19:41 CEST 2005

Hello all,
I had some trouble recently with write.csv because I couldn't change one
of the default options. A quick view of the code showed that the
function was not defined in the most optimal way.

Currently,
write.csv <- function (..., col.names = NA, sep = ",", qmethod =
"double")
	write.table(..., col.names = NA, sep = ",", qmethod = "double")

Thus, the options passed along to write.csv are ignored by the function
(unless in the ...).

Perhaps a better way to define the function is as such (similar to
read.csv):

write.csv <- function (..., col.names = NA, sep = ",", qmethod =
"double")
	write.table(..., col.names = col.names, sep = sep, qmethod =
qmethod)

The same also applies to write.csv2

Best,
Robert