[Rd] R mailing list archive: alternative interface

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Jun 28 02:23:12 CEST 2005

On 27 June 2005 at 17:33, Earl F. Glynn wrote:
| "Seth Falcon" <sfalcon at fhcrc.org> wrote in message
| news:m2vf3z1pke.fsf at macaroni.local...
| > On 27 Jun 2005, efg at stowers-institute.org wrote:
| > > I only wish the Bioconductor E-mail somehow got on the gmane
| > > "newgroups" too.
|
| After my post I discovered the Bioconductor mailing list can be read as
| gmane newsgroups, too.  Just don't look for "Bioconductor".
|
| The general Bioconductor list is:
| gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor
| http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor

Interesting.  As I found out, Gmane is capable of alias'ing -- a user had
registered a list I admin unbeknownst to me, and under a a suboptimal
name. The Gmane folks simply added another identifier for the list so that it
can now be seen under both names.

So you could write an email to them explaining the situation and maybe
suggestion a good second name for the list so that it can one day be found
under BioConductor too.

Regards, Dirk

--
Statistics: The (futile) attempt to offer certainty about uncertainty.
         -- Roger Koenker, 'Dictionary of Received Ideas of Statistics'