[Rd] Citation for R

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.edu.au
Tue Jun 14 02:38:38 CEST 2005

>Note also that R does have a User Guide, i.e., while there is plenty of
>excellent documentation,
>there is no single document which is a guide to the whole project.

Oops, I meant to write "R does not have a User Guide".

Just to explain this further, the citation() function asks me to cite a
"Manual" with the title "R: A language and environment for statistical
computing". Although R comes with excellent documentation, including at
least 6 manuals on different aspects of the software, no manual or document
with that title actually exists, as far as I know.

Gordon