[Rd] a possible bug in svmlight (PR#8012)

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Jul 19 08:35:00 CEST 2005

Luke wrote:

> Well, it is explicite only for the guru. :)

Let me add a few of points:

1. We already thought about including svmlight, but get stuck there due
to some licensing issues, AFAIR. We might want to force getting there,
though.

2. library(help=klaR) says:
       SystemRequirements:   SVMlight
    ?klaR says:
In title: "Interface to SVMlight"
            ^^^ ^^ ^^
In the arguments section (including a typo that should not matter):
"pathsvm  Path to SVMlight binaries (required, if path os unknown by the
OS)."
Gabor already told about the note in the examples.

I will add an explicit section telling people something like "Can only
interface to SVMlight if SVMlight is available". Unfortunately, Rd files
do not have the markup that allows to make it red and blinking. ;-)

3. Please NEVER send bug reports of contributed packages to the bug
tracking system of R. R Core cannot do anything re. contributed
packages, and maintainers of contributed packages cannot mark the bug as
"fixed" in the bug tracking system ...
Instead, please notify the maintainer.

Uwe Ligges