[Rd] still confused about vnsprintf, log1p, exp1m

Charles Geyer charlie at stat.umn.edu
Thu Jul 7 02:14:02 CEST 2005

I posted a question quite a while back about vsnprintf and Brian Ripley
replied that R always makes sure it's available, so I needn't worry.
A look at the source code shows the same for log1p and exp1m.  But I am
still confused.  Right now my code compiles and runs fine when using
the approved CFLAGS (no special gcc stuff), but when compiled
with -ansi -pedantic it can't find these functions (because R itself
was compiled with the default CFLAGS).

That's no problem, except the last time I submitted a package
it was kicked back because it didn't compile with -ansi -pedantic (which
Writing R Extensions says it should).  So what do I do?  Or will there
be no problem because KH tests with a version of R compiled
with -ansi -pedantic so R not the C libraries is providing these functions?

Pardon me if this is solved in 2.1.1 (I haven't looked there yet).
--
Charles Geyer
Professor, School of Statistics
charlie at stat.umn.edu