[Rd] How difficult is it to wrap a large C++ library with R?

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Jul 5 04:48:48 CEST 2005

On Jul 4, 2005, at 1:01 PM, Bo Peng wrote:

> From what I read from R website, it is easy to wrap individual C/C+
> + functions but not C++ classes.

There was a couple of posts about this recently:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2005-April/subject.html

Look for the posts concerning C++, overloading methods and objects in
R. If I remember correctly "Ali" had some prototype automatic wrapper
for large classes (he wasn't happy about the performance, but that's
another story ;) - see his 'speeding up the library' posts).

Cheers,
Simon