[Rd] problems building R-patched

wsetzer at mindspring.com wsetzer at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 26 17:40:46 CET 2005

When I try to install R-patched of January 26 on my linux (fedora core 1, with openmosix kernel) box, make fails in the first recommended package with the message

  tkStartGUI                        text    html    latex
  tkpager                           text    html    latex
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/setzer/newstuff/R-patched/src/library'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/setzer/newstuff/R-patched/src/library'
building/updating package indices ...
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/setzer/newstuff/R-patched/src/library'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/setzer/newstuff/R-patched/src/library'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/setzer/newstuff/R-patched/src/library/Recommended'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/setzer/newstuff/R-patched/src/library/Recommended'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `VR.ts', needed by `stamp-recommended'.  Stop.

R-patched of January 25 fails the same way, but the January 21 version compiles successfully.

Has something gone awry in the process of rolling patches, or do I need to look into problems with my system?  I notice that the src/library/Recommended has symbolic links in the January 21 version, but not in the January 26 version.

Woody Setzer