[Rd] DSC 2005

Wed Jan 12 16:48:13 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 07:23 -0800, Thomas Lumley wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Marc Schwartz wrote to r-help:
> > I have not seen anything posted yet for DSC 2005, unless I missed it
> > someplace.
>
> DSC 2005 will be held in Seattle, at the University of Washington, August
> 13-15.
>
> This date is immediately after the Joint Statistical Meetings, and was
> chosen for the convenience of our European colleagues who might also be
> attending JSM.
>
> A call for papers and more information will be posted Real Soon Now.

Thomas,

Thanks for that heads up. Andy Liaw sent me an off list e-mail
indicating that he thought the meeting was in Seattle. That was
consistent from what I recall of the discussion at useR! this year.

Of course, the JSMs are here in Minneapolis in August. The way that our
winter is going so far (we have yet to have an "official" one inch snow
fall), we might just have snow on the ground then...

;-)

Best regards,

Marc