[Rd] Option for "Delete downloaded files (y/N)?" in install.packages()

Gregor GORJANC gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Wed Jan 5 14:19:06 CET 2005

Hello!

Thanks to Thomas and Brian for answers!

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
>> Is it possible to include some option in install.packages() for
>> Delete downloaded files (y/N)? at the end of that process. It can
>> be quite anoying if you must install several packages and wait
>> meanwhile to type y/n for each package separately.
>
> It does happen at the end of the process: you are using one call for the
> several packages?  Something like install.packages(c("pkg1, "pkg2",
> "pkg3"))?
Yes, it does happen at the end of the process, but I wrote a simple script,
which installs all favourite packages and it does one by one. I could
modify it to use the whole list at once also, but there is apparently no
need since my wish/proposal is already solved in R-devel.

> In R-devel you are not asked at all, and even now you will not be asked
> if you specify destdir.
Yes, I know for the last one, but then you must delete them by "hand"!

--
Lep pozdrav / With regards,
     Gregor GORJANC

University of Ljubljana
Biotechnical Faculty       URI: http://www.bfro.uni-lj.si
Zootechnical Department    mail: gregor.gorjanc <at> bfro.uni-lj.si
Groblje 3                  tel: +386 (0)1 72 17 861
SI-1230 Domzale            fax: +386 (0)1 72 17 888
Slovenia