[Rd] Object Memory-limits in base and its help document

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Tue Jan 4 12:15:16 CET 2005

Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 mase at is.titech.ac.jp wrote:
[snip]
> > help(Memory-limits) displays the document for Arithmetic.
>
> As is should, for that is an arithmetical operation.

Oddly enough that doesn't happen for me (current 2.0.1 patched):

> help(Memory-limits)
No documentation for 'Memory - limits' in specified packages and libraries:
you could try 'help.search("Memory - limits")'

I seem to recall getting the help for "-" in cases like this in some
earlier version, but it would have been earlier than 1.8.0.

[R-bugs removed from recipients]