[Rd] Wishlist: simple legend options (PR#7400)

Gregor GORJANC gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Mon Feb 14 11:58:43 CET 2005

Hello Uwe.

Thanks for the response. I was searching in bug repository for something
else and found that wish. Hoewever I tried to do a search for that, so I
would not bother R-devel team. I was not successfull in finding any
meaningfull comments on legend in

http://developer.r-project.org/R.svnlog.2005

You are right with NEWS file in R-devel. It really documents this
improvement. Very nice. You guys really do an excellent job. I did not
looked in NEWS file since it is kind of "hidden" i.e. one needs to download
the R-devel and look in that file. But I confes, it is my blame, not of
R-devel folk. However I think, that it would be nice that link to NEWS file
would be accessible directly from R websites. I wrote few lines of HTML
code that could be added to CRAN webpages for this. I hope r-team or CRAN
maintainers will find this usefull.

Look files:

* A replacement for http://cran.at.r-project.org/sources.html. I added link
to last R-devel and R-patched archives and to corresponding NEWS files.
However there are now no NEWS files at
ftp://ftp.stat.math.ethz.ch/Software/R. I suggest that NEWS files for last
R-devel and R-patched should be there, but since there are two, they could
be named NEWS-devel and NEWS-patched or something alike. Maybe one could
even divide directories ro R-devel and R-pacthed.

File is available at:
http://www.bfro.uni-lj.si/MR/ggorjan/sources.html

* A replacement for http://cran.at.r-project.org/banner.shtml. I added the
same as above.