[Rd] Portability and Memory Issues for R-package

KNygren@us.imshealth.com KNygren at us.imshealth.com
Tue Dec 27 23:18:25 CET 2005

Not getting users was one of my main concern.  So let me make sure I understand the suggestions correctly.

A. I should check if the GSL routines I make use of are part of Brian's binary build.  If not, I should look into having the required routines added to that build (going through Robin (or perhaps Brian?)).

B. If the required routines are included in the binary build for the GSL package, I can then link my package to the gsl packages and it should work fine on windows for any user who has done the installation of the gsl package. I take it the binary build also eliminates the need for each user to do the manual handling required to build on windows?

Kjell Nygren