[Rd] Build error on Mac OS X

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Dec 23 08:35:42 CET 2005

The updating of gettext support is currently in mid-progress (and
specifically what is required for MacOS X).  It looks as if your system
has another version of gettext installed: please configure R not to use
such a version for now (see configure --help for how to do so).

Once the update is complete you may be able to use your installed version
again (although likely it will not be current enough).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk