[Rd] (Debian Bug 344248): R segfaults when pressing Delete (PR#8421)

MSchwartz@mn.rr.com MSchwartz at mn.rr.com
Wed Dec 21 15:27:21 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 15:00 +0100, edd at debian.org wrote:
> --CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK
>
> Resend after type in mailheader.  I have the bug on my system with
> yesterday's R 2.2.1. A library mismatch is still a likely cause.
>
> Dirk

<SNIP>

> [...]
> | |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
> | +++-==============-==============-============================================
> | un  libreadline-co <none>         (no description available)
> | un  libreadline-de <none>         (no description available)
> | ii  libreadline-ru 1.8.3+1.8.4pre Readline interface for Ruby 1.8
> | ii  libreadline4   4.3-18         GNU readline and history libraries, run-time
> | un  libreadline4-d <none>         (no description available)
> | ii  libreadline5   5.1-1          GNU readline and history libraries, run-time
> | ii  libreadline5-d 5.1-1          GNU readline and history libraries, developm
> | ii  r-base         2.2.1-1        GNU R statistical computing language and env
> | ii  r-base-core    2.2.1-1        GNU R core of statistical computing language
> | un  r-base-dev     <none>         (no description available)
> | ii  r-base-html    2.2.1-1        GNU R html docs for statistical computing sy
> | ii  r-base-latex   2.2.1-1        GNU R LaTeX docs for statistical computing s
> | ii  r-cran-boot    1.2.24-1       GNU R package for bootstrapping functions fr
> | ii  r-cran-cluster 1.10.2-1       GNU R package for cluster analysis by Rousse
> | ii  r-cran-foreign 0.8.12-1       GNU R package to read/write data from other
> | ii  r-cran-gdata   2.1.2-1        GNU R package with data manipulation tools b
> | ii  r-cran-gplots  2.2.0-1        GNU R package with tools for plotting data b
> | un  r-cran-gregmis <none>         (no description available)
> | ii  r-cran-gtools  2.2.2-1        GNU R package with R programming tools by Gr
> | ii  r-cran-kernsmo 2.22.15-1      GNU R package for kernel smoothing and densi
> | ii  r-cran-lattice 0.12-11.1-1    GNU R package for 'Trellis' graphics
> | ii  r-cran-lattice 0.1.1-1        GNU R package of additional graphical displa
> | ii  r-cran-mgcv    1.3-12-1       GNU R package for multiple parameter smoothi
> | ii  r-cran-misc3d  0.3-1-1        GNU R collection of 3d plot functions and rg
> | ii  r-cran-nlme    3.1.62-1       GNU R package for (non-)linear mixed effects
> | ii  r-cran-quadpro 1.4.7-2        GNU R package for solving quadratic programm
> | ii  r-cran-rgl     0.65-1         GNU R package for three-dimensional visualis
> | ii  r-cran-rpart   3.1.27-1       GNU R package for recursive partitioning and
> | ii  r-cran-surviva 2.20-1         GNU R package for survival analysis
> | un  r-cran-tkrplot <none>         (no description available)
> | ii  r-cran-vr      7.2.23-1       GNU R package accompanying the Venables and
> | un  r-doc-html     <none>         (no description available)
> | ii  r-doc-info     2.2.1-1        GNU R info manuals statistical computing sys
> | un  r-doc-pdf      <none>         (no description available)
> | un  r-mathlib      <none>         (no description available)
> | ii  r-recommended  2.2.1-1        GNU R collection of recommended packages [me
> |

> | Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

FWIW, I cannot replicate the segfault on FC4, with:

  Version 2.2.1  (2005-12-20 r36812)

compiled from source yesterday.

I have:

$ rpm -qa | grep readline
readline-5.0-3
readline-devel-5.0-3
compat-readline43-4.3-2

I tried in gnome-terminal, konsole and xterm, using 'R' (with and
without a .RData file) as well as 'R --vanilla'.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz